Sunday, January 10, 2016

Martin Luther King, Jr. Day

For Martin Luther King Day last year I traced each of my little one's hands onto multicultural construction paper. Their handprints were used to make a giant heart, which was displayed in our hallway with the caption “I Have a Dream” in the middle.  I also brought in a white egg and a brown egg. I showed the children the two eggs and explained to them that even though they look different on the outside when you break them open they’re exactly the same on the inside. We talked about how even though each one of us look different on the outside we all have feelings on the inside and most importantly we are ALL FRIENDS. 



Here are some other crafts that children in our preschool did. So many creative ideas. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment