Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Presidents' Day


So much to learn about on Presidents Day here in our room!   We spoke about what it means to be a president and how they make very important decisions, write laws, and work hard every single day to keep us safe. I showed the children a globe and showed them where we live and how we are apart of  the United States of America. I showed the children dollars and coins and spoke about how different presidents are on each one. We spoke about our very first President of the United States, George Washington and our 16th President, Abraham Lincoln.
This is my daughter drawing on the face of George Washington, using the Ipad as a guide. 

 

Here is her craft finished! Great job! 
She also made Ad Lincoln too! 
 

I had my little ones make Ab Lincoln and once we were done everyone took a picture with their faces showing in the middle of the plate. I kids loved pretending to be a President. 

During snack time I read the book,  Celebrating President's Day: What Is a President?.I really enjoy reading this book to my little ones. 


These are the crafts my son came home with.  He made George Washington and Ab Lincoln too! 






0 comments:

Post a Comment