Tuesday, August 5, 2014

March comes in like a Lion and goes out like a Lamb

The old saying tells us that March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb.  So today we celebrated that idea by making this fun craft project to hang up all through the month.
The kids had a blast making lions and lambs after learning about the change in the season. 



 
This was last years craft I found the lamb craft on Pinterest and just changed it up a bit. To make the lamb I filled up a large bowl with soapy water and added some black paint into it. Then using a large straw that I placed into the water I blew into it creating large bubbles. I let the children come over one at a time and play with the bubbles that were overflowing onto the table. After the children got to enjoy a little sensory play I asked them to place the pre-cut lamb's body on top of the bubbles, which created this look. I think we all had fun with this step of the project! Once it dried they glued on the black face, added some eyes and I finished it off with a smile.  

 We worked on our fine motor skills by using scissors for this lion craft! We use these age appropriate scissors in our room that are specially designed to improve the fine motor skills of their very tiny precious hands. I assisted the children in cutting around the circle to make the fur of the lion. Then they glued on the yellow face, eyes and nose. Once they finished I drew on the lion's happy smile. We hung the lion and lamb crafts in the window of our classroom to remind us to look outside each day and talk about the type of weather that day.  

During snack time that day I read the book, In like a lion, out like a lamb.  Great illustrations in the book and helped to tie together the craft with the topic of weather for my little ones.

These are a few crafts from past years from my own children and the preschool. 








0 comments:

Post a Comment