Saturday, November 16, 2013

Fall Leaves

We have been learning all about fall for the past few weeks now, so of course making beautiful fall leaves was so much fun for them! My son actually made this craft two years ago around this time with hi teacher and I loved it so much I had to do it with my little ones.  I cut out the shape of a leaf in the middle of construction paper the night before and typed out a little saying " All the leaves are falling down. Orange, Yellow, Red and Brown" which they glued on at the end.

 The children came up to the table in groups of three to paint their "fall leaves". Each child got a paint brush and yellow, red or orange paint. We rotated the paint around until all three children got a chance to paint with the fall colors. I was careful with how much paint they used on the paper because I wanted to send home their leaves the same day, a little paint can go a long way. I love how bright and vibrant each one came out!

Once the paint dried I glued the brown construction paper  on top and had the little ones glue on the poem. We talked more about what happens to the leaves in the fall and how our leaves look like so many outside our classroom window.


During story time I read the book, Let It Fall and looked at some real leaves that I collected outside that morning. I love this book- it talks all about fall, then at the end of the book it introduces the winter. Great collection by Marann Cocca-Leffler, definitely check it out.

My two beautiful children enjoying the last few weeks of this beautiful weather outside before the winter. Look how colorful the tree is behind them. Definitely a picture for our holiday card.

2 comments: